Great user page
I'm with you on the capitalisation of every word in a song title and I change every one of them too. And you're not the only one who listens to industrial. Eeepy
Another thing I found yesterday is a reference to including (XXX Remix) etc. in the bit after the pipe. See Help:Contents/Editing/Formatting/Artists#Album List (under Tracklists), so you're actually right there. And I agree, it does look like shit otherwise. Eeepy 02:46, June 13, 2010 (UTC)
Hanzel Und Gretyl
HA to you too! I added some new piss offs on my page, because I like making people feel inferior.
I was doing H&G lyrics today and there were a few songs on Scheissmessiah that were missing lyrics, so I figured it couldn't be that hard. Right? HA! I have absolutely no hope on the ones with German in them; I'm going to get MetalSnake to have a go. I noticed you've been there too, so I figured you can't be averse to them.
I had a go at Hanzel Und Gretyl:Purity, which appears to be known informally all over the net as We Shall Purify - I had to go on "Purify" not "Purity" to get a hit on GoEar. I put the YouTube and GoEar links in but some parts are just fucked. I've listened to it so many times now that I can't hear anything but what I think the lyrics are. So, then I had this genius idea......you know you'd just love to listen to them and see if you can improve the lyrics. Wouldn't you?
If you do this, I'll send you Reverend Agony's sensational song "Suffocation (Of The Masses)" (it was available free on the net a few years ago and the band has gone poof since then) - seriously, it's a really good song - industrial metal. Eeepy 10:41, June 14, 2010 (UTC)
PS. Fuck. I just went and had another look at the album and the song really is called Purity - "And We Shall Purify" is a different song altogether. I've removed the GoEar link - there isn't one for Purity, but the YouTube one is right. And to remove confusion, I have the album, so that's how I listened to the songs in the first place without caring whether YouTube etc links existed. Eeepy 11:00, June 14, 2010 (UTC)
(...A bit later) Just fucking shoot me. I got to "And We Shall Purify" and it basically has the same lyrics as "Purity". Between the two versions, I got lyrics for both of them - except for one line that I don't like. I suppose I could just delete all this to try and pretend that I'm not a total fuckwit. Eeepy 11:31, June 14, 2010 (UTC)
- Ha ha... Well, it's all Greek to me. I stopped listening to Hanzel Und Gretyl after "Uber Alles". Never was much of a fan. Though I appreciate your attempt. I've done plenty of head-banging-against-the-wall to try to resolve lyrics out of the distorted aether and gotten nowhere. That's how it goes. If I could help, though, I'd be right there in the trenches with you... Ssmodk 14:22, June 14, 2010 (UTC)
I noticed you edited some of the song pages I worked on (e.g. Hocico:Bite Me!) and put a green star back on them, but I don't understand what's missing from them to warrant a green star instead of bronze. I've looked over Help:Page ranking/Songs, and AFAICT, they have everything they need for bronze. IAmTheClaw 15:39, April 22, 2011 (UTC)
- Category:Song_Template_on_Translation_Page needs your attention :)
- tia, --Senvaikis (talk) 20:31, January 16, 2012 (UTC)
- Ah... It didn't list anything regarding that in the Help files. Not that the Help files are all that helpful. Ssmodk 23:07, January 16, 2012 (UTC)
Redundant Songs on Compilations/Soundtracks
- Please see: Help:FA#Other Songs
- When inserting track lists on artist pages, or creating new album pages, at least one valid lyric page is required for the album.