Doing it for the 'chievs
Sorry if I'm bothering, just wanted to get an achievement. But now that I'm here, can I interest you in a job of fixing song pages with translation on them? I've been mass-editing them manually, but since there are over two thousand at the moment, I could use some help. That's all. --Hodari2 (talk) 18:43, March 29, 2015 (UTC)
---I'm not good with translations, but I'd be happy to help out. What pages are there? --RobbieBishop (talk) 20:06, March 30, 2015 (UTC)
If you'll go to Edit Requests, you'll find a category called "Translation on Song Page". I've been working there for a bit over a week now, and I've done them in alphabetical order. You don't need to know the actual language to move the translations, you can use Google Translate and common sense to figure out the TransTitle if you need it. You can check the page CMX:Ruoste if you need an example of how the translation templates should be done.
- Forgive my unasked interruption, but for God's sake, don't use G-translation for that!. Leave a song untranslated better, if human-made translation is unavailable - machine translation is still far from being suitable for this task.
- tia, --Senvaikis (talk) 09:26, March 31, 2015 (UTC)
- Your interruption is quite all right, and I thank you for it. I wouldn't use Google Translate for a song, it's incompetent and not that accurate. --RobbieBishop (talk) 20:59, March 31, 2015 (UTC)
- Hello there. I'm not on here that much to be honest. I usually get on here and edit one or two simple things, but I'll take a look and see what I can do in my free time. --RobbieBishop (talk) 01:43, July 22, 2015 (UTC)
Hey there. I was looking through certain songs today and noticed you reverted "Bodies" by Drowning Pool to the Green rank in this revision. While I fixed it and changed it back to Bronze, I'm just curious - why did you do this? Unless a song has no talk page at all, there's absolutely no reason to downgrade a song from Bronze if it has a good amount of info - in this case, "Bodies" had all but credits, so I really don't understand why you did this. See the help page on page ranking if you need more info. (P.S. - great job on getting the Wiki Hero badge!) XxTimberlakexx (talk) (contribs)22:40, August 3, 2015 (UTC)
- It's kind of embarrassing to admit, but it was because of a misinterpretation on my part of the star rankings system. For some reason, I had it in my mind that Green was above Bronze. I had reverted several pages before I went back and read that Green's actually lower than Bronze. I tried to fix my mistakes but a few slipped through. Seems you found one. Thanks for correcting it. --RobbieBishop (talk) 06:02, August 4, 2015 (UTC)
- Forgot to say thanks about the Wiki Hero badge, that was more stressful to get than I thought it would be.--RobbieBishop (talk) 06:44, August 5, 2015 (UTC)
Thanks for putting "Somethin' Better" back where it belongs, because it's not just a demo, but it's also full-length. We have a lot in common, I will say. I saw that Storm The Gates Of Hell is your favorite album; and I was lucky to have received the rare deluxe edition that includes the forgotten bonus tracks that you can never find on iTunes or Spotify. I even have the deluxe box set of Outlive, which I was the first to submit lyrics from that album on this wiki. Yes, I too like to listen to Underoath, Impending Doom, Red, Fit For A King, TFK, Living Sacrifice, and some others. I can't wait until August Burns Red releases their newest album on October 7, and for Adema to produce their new works as they had said. For explicit songs that don't have any clean versions, I like to edit them myself and share them on YouTube for those who want clean versions instead of explicit. For example, I recently worked on "Bad Triangle" by Adema, mainly editing the verses by Rio Life. It's nice to meet you. I look forward to doing more work on here. --CBTheFreak (talk) 21:24, August 4, 2017 (UTC)
- No problem at all. I was shocked when I saw that the lyrics for Somethin' Better had been removed. It's been one of my favorite Adema songs from the Bobby era since I first heard it. So, I figured I'd put it back.
- Wow, that's pretty awesome about Storm the Gates of Hell. Amazing album, that one. I only have a digital version, but I plan on buying myself a physical copy someday soon. You also have nice list of bands there; we definitely have similar tastes in music.
- I too am looking forward to Adema's next album. I'm so glad Mark has returned, I just hope this isn't like the first two times, when he just left. I'm optimistic about this, though. I have to admit, while Mark's my favorite of Adema's various lead vocalists, my favorite album of theirs is the Bobby Reeves-fronted Kill the Headlights; I find it has their strongest line-up of songs, and probably some of their best lyrics. It's also in my top-ten favorite albums. I do love all of Adema's albums, though, including Planets, though I'm not too fond of their recent EP, Topple the Giants.
- It's nice to see someone else who's a fan of the band. I haven't met many people who know of Adema, and those who did know of them forgot about them after their second album when Mark left. It's a shame, because they've released some great stuff.
- That's pretty clever, what you do with explicit songs. I personally don't mind profanity, but I admit that sometimes, it becomes a little tiresome and seems like lazy songwriting to just have curses all over the place.
- It's nice to meet you, as well. I hope you have fun on here. I've been editing here since 2009, I believe, though I did some edits in 2008 before I made an account. It's been a lot of fun. I'm not as active as I used to be, but I try to come by as much as I can and make some good edits.
- Thanks for stopping by. Good day, God Bless. --RobbieBishop (talk) 21:55, August 7, 2017 (UTC)
- Cool, man! In case you're interested, be sure to stop by The Adema Archive channel on YouTube, with contributions by me and my pal Gene. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHuwVt9QKJrIzyJzkcP6wKw --CBTheFreak (talk) 20:53, August 9, 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks for that link. I checked out that page; a lot of awesome stuff on there, much of which I had never heard. Really enjoyed it.
- I wanted to apologize real quick for reverting your edits to Goodbye. As you probably know now, Feb Mornin' and Goodbye are the same, but two different songs. I hadn't even heard Feb Mornin' until I saw it on your YouTube page (and it was really good). I reverted the edits so that the lyrics reflect the song Goodbye, not Feb Mornin'. If you want, you can make a new page for that song so that the lyrics for both songs are available on here.
- Anyway, I made that page for Goodbye years ago when I first got the song, and I linked the page to a video uploaded to YouTube by someone else who had the song. Unfortunately, the uploader removed the song and the link was removed from here. I had no idea Goodbye wasn't on YouTube anymore, so I went ahead and uploaded it on my own channel (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erF0hpJQ94Q), and I also linked that song to the page for Goodbye, that way it doesn't get confused for Feb Mornin'.
- Again, thanks for showing me that page. As said, I really enjoyed what I saw. I love Adema, so seeing stuff I hadn't before always warms my heart.
- Good day, God Bless. --RobbieBishop (talk) 02:36, August 10, 2017 (UTC)