- thanks for your contribution to LW, but let me turn your attention to some LW pagenaming and file uploading policy violations in your recent editions:
- LyricWiki:Page Names: one release(artist/song) - one page, thus you should not create a separate duplicate album page for every split album artist (see all changesm made on , , etc). Please, review and fix (if needed) other split albs, created by you.
- LW:FU: image should not be any bigger than 500x500 px², so any file with a higher resolution may be just deleted
- --Senvaikis (talk) 16:37, January 12, 2014 (UTC)
my last uploads were already 500 pixel size and I saw your changes and will correct the other splits accordingly. I think I used the wrong example in creating the splits but have now a good one. It will take a few days until everything's done. Sorry for the churn!
--Neppomuk (talk) 17:14, January 12, 2014 (UTC)
Say NO to blank albums
Hi again, Nepp
- Could you please take a look at this list(*) (now deleted) of 72 blank albums (from total 193, created by you this year) and try to reduce it remarkably or (better) just make its length=0?
- Feel free to ask any questions or rise a discussion, if you have some different opinion regarding blank albums or entire on the lyrics site.
- Tia, --Senvaikis (talk) 07:46, October 21, 2014 (UTC)
apologies, I was not aware of this rule, I thought it's also about to create a most comprehensive discography of the artists.. So I will stop creating albums (if I can't add any lyrics immediately) and start to fill up the blank ones with text.
--Neppomuk (talk) 07:03, October 22, 2014 (UTC)
- Hi Lichtweber, I'm just adding the lyrics to Waldteufel, no worries. I understood Senvaikis comment and haven't added new empty albums since then and was also working on adding the lyrics to the empty ones I created before.
--Neppomuk (talk) 16:58, December 14, 2014 (UTC)
- I'm doing but it takes time.
--Neppomuk (talk) 17:12, December 14, 2014 (UTC)
- (*) Just letting you know: I've cleaned and deleted your list (deleted all not yet fixed lyricless albs).
Here's one more lw policy rule you seem haven't had noticed yet:
- do not include singles, live albums or compilations, only containing songs, already listed on other albums (see my recent revisions on , ( ).
Sorry, I was not aware of this indeed and saw many pages with this kind of redundancy... For sure I will not create any more. But a question in this conjuction. I've found some duplicate songs and marked one as an example for deletion but just the mark was deleted, not the song. Is there a way to mark them for you for a real duplicate check to make your work easier? --Neppomuk (talk) 11:10, January 30, 2015 (UTC)
- Hello Neppomuk, for duplicate songs (misspelled, etc.) it's better to redirect the duplicate to the correct named song page, so anyone who enters the wrong title will see the correct version (and doesn't create a new duplicate in the future). See LyricWiki:Deletion#Pages that will not be deleted. Take a look at Help:Redirect on how to create duplicates.
- Hope that helps, happy editing! --Fassbrause (talk) 13:59, January 30, 2015 (UTC)
Yes, I know the redirect-command and used it already, e.g. if it's the same song but with different naming on various albums. Unfortunately I can't remember which artists page I found but if I stumble upon it again I will mark it for your checkup. --Neppomuk (talk) 16:24, January 30, 2015 (UTC)