Methinks, Johnny Handsome Original Motion Picture Soundtrack, seems to be a much better choice for indicating the two tracks that appear to be the justification for creating the compilation The UFO Has Landed (2008), considerably less duplication of tracks. cheers --ES (talk) 10:30, January 11, 2015 (UTC)
- I like it when compilations are listed separately. I use LyricWikia to see the lyrics when I listen to the music, and with compilations listed as a separate album, I can find the lyrics more easy. When I listened to this album, I had to find the right lyric by scrolling up and down the page, so I found out that listing a compilation is more easy for me.--Drinkteaandlistentoprog (talk) 14:40, January 12, 2015 (UTC)
- The matter you describe would be moot if your media player stored lyrics in the songs, as iTunes does. There'd be no need to log into LW to scroll thru any page to look at any lyrics! But then, iTune is the only media player that I have ever used. When I play music, the lyrics are displayed in a floating panel.
- We have certain restrictions on creation and retention of Compilations like The UFO Has Landed. to wit:
- Do not create pages for the following:
- Bootlegs and other unofficial/fan-made albums, Singles, live albums or compilations only containing songs already listed elsewhere, unless they are highly noteworthy (e.g. platinum-selling)
Thanks for the information. I am so 'old-fashioned' that I actually have physical editions of much of my music, as CDs or LPs. Many of my old LPs does not exist in digital format. And since English is not my original language, it is sometimes difficult for me to understand everything that I listen to. This is the reason why I like LW so much. So thanks again. And yes, Cooder is a very fine musician.--Drinkteaandlistentoprog (talk) 15:40, January 12, 2015 (UTC)