September 30, 2014: by
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- It is beautiful. The lyrics are beautifully written. It made me cry. It reminds me of someone in my life. Two gallants are very talented.
September 29, 2014: by
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- Even if this song is called Sunrise in may I think it suits perfectly for these autumn days! It is slightly sad, very romantic and emotional.
September 28, 2014: by
- Nominated by Read'em And Weep.
- Don't know why this song hasn't been nominated as the SOTD. It was one of the Spoonful's best songs and has been covered by a number of other artists. It's well written with a lot of sentiment.
September 27, 2014: by
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- I have really been struggling to prove to my parents that they can trust me again. I have went off on my own and down some pretty bad things and my parents have not really given me the chance to show them I am doing better. I have been looking for a way to show them and after I found this song I have decided to make my own video of me singing this while playing it on piano for them. So I say all this to say that This song most definelty deserves to be song of the Day.
September 26, 2014: by
- Nominated by Cubs Fan.
- The first musical number proper of
following the , it's a driving number by Judas criticizing the direction Jesus has been steering his disciples. With a memorable electric guitar riff beginning the song, it just gets better as it goes along.
September 25, 2014: by
- Nominated by Olfrygt.
- It's a modern and powerfull interpretation of an old Scandinavian ballad. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harpans_kraft#Common_plot)
- The beautifully spherical adaptation and the polyphonic vocals give me goose bumps.
- And the story is lovely too. (see wikipedia)
September 24, 2014: by
- Nominated by Hestiahearth89.
- I nominated this song because not an "usual" sacrifice song I ever hear. They also have social issue in the modern society. But the lyricst written the lyrics in her own way. You can feel the anger, depression, and a hope in this song. The main character still don't have her dream being come true. Children, Mothers, and aristocrat maidens as being the sacrifice thing. Also, you can hear the odd chanting that approaching the end of song...
September 23, 2014: by
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- I am nominating this song because, this pretty much sums up of what celebrities are nowadays, and I think Daniel Graves has done quite a good job describing them all as a whole.
September 22, 2014: by
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- It has deep, meaningful lyrics and is full of originality and inventiveness.
September 21, 2014: by
- Nominated by Fassbrause.
- Are you tired of hearing
? Maybe you like 's cover version, where the bongos and the insertion of N.E.R.D's lyrics help to remove the original excess of sweetness.
September 20, 2014: by
- Nominated by WilliamLazycat.
- I really enjoy this song a lot. I first heard it in season 6 episode 15 of Charmed and its been stuck in my head ever since.
September 19, 2014: by
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- I nominated this song, which I recall now from my days of listening to Joan Baez, because of the need to do something about ISIS. It seems to be something like the horror of the Japanese nation way back when my father fought in WWII.
September 18, 2014: by
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- My bf is in jail right now. This song explains how I have been feeling. How much I miss him, love him and need his freedom and his company. He will be out on the 18th of September.
Preferred Date: September 18, 2014 (Out of Jail Date)
September 17, 2014: by
- Nominated by NemFX.
- Probably his best song? Or at least I think so. It's hard to compare J Mascis to anyone, I suppose the closest vocally would be Tom Petty, the guitar is somewhere between The Cure and Bowling for Soup (specifically the song 'Belgium')
September 16, 2014: by
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- It is soothing and inspirational. The lyrics are well-written, interesting and certainly different. Al Stewart sings a great song!
September 15, 2014: by
- Nominated by SEGA~Mind.
- the lyric "i was the wishing well for you" means something to me. a great start for a great album.
September 14, 2014: by
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- It is one damn amazing song. The guitar work, the vocals...top notch, from a very underexposed band. Syu is a musical genius.
September 13, 2014: by
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- I nominate this song because it has a deep heartfelt meaning and it's from one of my favorite movies of time.
September 12, 2014: by
- Nominated by AcePhoenix 007.
- This song received Record of the Year at the Grammy's and had us all dancing to its amazing disco tune for ages. Daft Punk delivered a fantastic record and showed a lot of change compared to their past songs. That change was not a bad thing, but rather something that led to a big success for Daft Punk. Impressive songwriting by the duo themselves, Pharrell Williams, and Nile Rodgers is another part of what led to this song's giant success. This is one record sure to last a lifetime and one that we will surely remember in the future.
September 11, 2014: by
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- Although it is almost 30 years old, it‘s message is more actual then ever.
September 10, 2014: by
- Nominated by The loveable tat, THE_GMoD. :3.
- And after six years of inactivity, two members lost and a whole lot of drama, Slipknot has released the first track off of their upcoming TBA album. Pulling largely from the energy that powered 2001's Iowa, the song is a total powerhouse, reminding us that even though a band can break, it may sometimes never truly fall from grace
September 09, 2014: by
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- Not only does it have amazing lyrics but it is musically one of the best songs iv'e ever heard. The guitar work and drums are phenomenal while the bass adds a brilliant, and nearly unheard, aspect to the song.
September 08, 2014: by
- Nominated by Contributor 62.
- Because it breaks your heart. And because
- Mikael Åkerfeldt commented:
- “I had intended to do a occult concept piece lyrically and got off to a great start with some downright evil lyrics like “The Baying of the Hounds” and “Ghost of Perdition”, then I did “Isolation Years” which had nothing to do with the intended concept but I liked it so much I decided to ease up on the concept idea in favour of this one lyric.”
September 07, 2014: by
- Nominated by Read'em And Weep.
- I nominate this song because it is a great song from an underappreciated group who helped define the San Francisco sound and they were one of the first rock bands to make a “guest appearance” on a cartoon.
September 06, 2014: by
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- This album has songs every bit as good as the radio hits. Perhaps it got overlooked due to the ascendance of punk and new wave.
September 05, 2014: by
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- Its a song of truth that shows the trick of the devil,the struggle of every christian and what our stand should be in these dangerous times.
September 04, 2014: by
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- I sang this to my child as a lullaby when she was a little girl
September 03, 2014: by
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- I nominated this song, because i think it has a catchy tune to it and gets people's moods up.