July 31, 2014: by
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- I nominated this song because it is a great song, listen to it. There may not be many words to it, but boy do the instrumentals make you wanna jump. Wow.
July 30, 2014: by
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- I nominated this song, because... it reminds me of my Old memories and makes me feel so fresh and like a kid
July 27, 2014: by
- Nominated by Cubs Fan.
- The title track of the Oscar winning documentary Searching for Sugar Man, I think it's the perfect song to introduce a new era of fans to one of the most elusive and interesting musicians who never got the recognition he deserved.
is very -ish, but he's got his own, very unique, style.
July 26, 2014: by
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- It shows strength and resilience. It encourages those who are in need of hearing you can do it and it will make you say I'll be back!!
July 25, 2014: by
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- Usually the band does synthpop music with sometimes dark lyrics, this one's an exception. It is a sad song comprised with strings and piano that delivers the message of giving someone you love care. When I first listened to it out of sheer curiosity, I was blown away and did shed a few tears. Such a great song. Don't take my word for it.
Preferred Date: July 25, 2014
July 24, 2014: by
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- I'm nominating this song because the music and the lyrics are brilliant and because Septic Flesh recently released a new album. This is one of their more popular older songs.
July 23, 2014: by
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- One of the forgotten hard rock bands that should have not been forgotten. Singer Glenn Hughes went on to fame with Deep Purple. Drummer Dave Holland became the drummer for Judas Priest. That's enough...
July 22, 2014: by
- Nominated by Sunnyhill.
- A friend sent me a message 'Remind yourself that you are on Earth for a reason.' That prompted me to think of this song, which had touched me though I had not thought about its lyrics properly. Genius.
July 21, 2014: by
- Nominated by BetaMaster64.
- The reason I am nominating this song is because it's a true psychedelic treasure that completely missed the ears of most listeners in the '60s. First just a track on the SAC's debut album, then a B-side to an uncharted single. This song will give the listener a taste of the talent that the band had, even though few recognized it.
July 20, 2014: by
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- I nominated this song because Community is the best show on Earth with the best theme song to back it up!
July 19, 2014: by
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- My son dedicated this to me after he suffered a long bout of depression and suicidal thoughts and attempts. After many talks and trying to get him to understand that it's all part of life, he found this song and told me this is how I made him feel. I felt so proud and now he's living a happy productive life.
July 18, 2014: by
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- It fuses new with old in an entirely new way, which has not yet been heard by enough appreciative listeners.
July 17, 2014: by
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- I nominated this song because it is just so good and also it reminds us to conserve our environment before it is too late...
July 16, 2014: by
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- The meaning of this song - it is so true these days... Everyones judges everyone that thinks "differently" from the mass...
- LET PEOPLE LIVE FREE ;)
July 15, 2014: by
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- Because it is so good! The rapping is so fast, well written and deserves more attention. Dan Bull is just great at writing it.
July 14, 2014: by
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- This song is lyrically unmatched and just a really beautiful listen.
July 13, 2014: by
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- it's awfully romantic and tells such a beautiful story about love and hope.
July 12, 2014: by
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- The song is wonderful and very sweet. As a writer, it sure helps me with a plot.
July 11, 2014: by
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- This is an honest and touching love song, performed and sung in an exhalted voice by a very underestimated artist.
July 10, 2014: by
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- This song is amazing and historically accurate...it's clever and witty. You can easily learn about the 4 Step(v)ensons :)
July 09, 2014: by
- Nominated by XxTimberlakexx.
- Strawberry Alarm Clock, a band widely known for , has many other great gems in their catalog - this being one of them. An interesting song, it is driven by a powerful harpsichord riff, and an incredibly complex drum solo in the middle. To top it off, Lee Freeman belts out some killer vocals over everything else. This song is one of many in their catalog that showcases their great, yet underappreciated talent.
July 08, 2014: by
- Nominated by Hornean.
- This song was nominated for the 25th anniversary of the animated Disney film, Oliver & Company. It is unique that the character named Dodger was actually voiced by Billy Joel.
July 07, 2014: by
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- This song is innovative and has inspired countless musicians, many of them famous.
July 06, 2014: by
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- My heart beats for Metal! No one writes music as well as Rammstein, and Till's lyrics are always brillant!
July 04, 2014: by
- Nominated by AcePhoenix 007.
- This is a 15-year old track by the legendary rap metal band themselves. One of their most commercially and well known-songs made, Guerrilla Radio has an excellent intro guitar and beat, which is a memorable intro, and if not, the best part of the song. The rap throughout the song matches perfectly with the backing instrumental and makes for a perfect rap metal song. This is hands-down one of RATM's best songs ever created and is a long-lasting song people still listen to today, like myself.
July 03, 2014: by
- Nominated by AcePhoenix 007.
- No You Girls is a classic dance-punk record created in 2009 by Franz Ferdinand for their third album, "Tonight". No You Girls has a very funky and dance-esque beat/riff to it, which is a lot different compared to the band's former hits such as "Take Me Out" or "Do You Want To". This song shows that they are not afraid of change, and they delivered a great change of overall style and taste with this song. The instrumental, lead by Nick McCarthy's and Alex Kapranos' funk rock-filled guitar riffs, a dance-filled drum performance by Paul Thompson, and a perfect backing bass performance played by Bob Hardy, leads to a perfect backing instrumental for Alex Kapranos' excellent job at the vocals of this song. Overall, this song is a gem to the dance-punk genre and is still remembered today as one of Franz Ferdinand's best hits.
July 02, 2014: by
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- Amazing because it shows how much an artist's style can change over the years; Babble used to be the pop icon the Thompson Twins!
- But this track evokes a lonely cyberpunk/chill vibe.
July 01, 2014: by
- Nominated by Fassbrause.
- It's an excellent upbeat song from Joan's new album .