January 31, 2019: by
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- This song was done by David Bowie's guitarist from the Ziggy Stardust era. It is like a movie in song form. The music is beautifully arranged.
January 30, 2019: by
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- Il sole più amaro comunque è più chiaro. Una canzone stupenda di Loredana Berté che parla a tutti
January 29, 2019: by
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- I feel it too close to my heart. It makes me feel great, my behaviour changes, my temperament cools down, my mind floats like water and gives me soothingness from inside. Thanks Agnee for this awesome song
January 28, 2019: by
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- This song is ministering to me and I can't turn it off. I keep listening over and over. Awesome song!!! Thank you to the writer and the singers
January 27, 2019: by
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- I nominate this song because when I proposed to sing it at a local event, as you can well imagine, I got a great ballyhoo in response. "That's a racist minstrel song making fun of a poor slave." To wit, I responded, "If it was good enough for Pete Seeger, who steadfastly opposed racism it is good enough for me. The song is a tribute to a young slave lad who bravely and cunningly put an end to his master's torment for once and for all without as much as laying a finger on him. It was all the fault of the nasty little blue tail fly as so inscribed on the master's tombstone." My response quelled the dissent and so I will sing this very entertaining American Tradition folk song loud and strong.
Preferred Date: January 27, 2019 (5th Anniversary of Pete Seeger's passing)
January 26, 2019: by
- Nominated by 2600:1700:4B40:2F10:4026:B817:2D24:A544.
- I nominated this song because Bring Me the Horizon saved my life, and this song is a part of their newly released album, '
January 25, 2019: by
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- It's awesome, perfect guitar and super fun. This is one of Cheap Trick's best songs and highly underrated. The harmonies are spot on and it is a great rock song.
January 24, 2019: by
- Nominated by 2A02:C7D:A1E4:7800:21D5:51FB:67B4:BA90.
- My dad just passed away recently, he adored Shirley Bassey and this song reflects how I am feeling
January 23, 2019: by
- Nominated by 1ssrb.
- This is a great song for all the dads out there. This song was written to me by my son who is also the drummer in the band, thank you Toby.
January 22, 2019: by
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- It is so dark and hauntingly beautiful. The lyrics of the chorus are cool
Preferred Date: January 22, 2019 (My Birthday!)
January 21, 2019: by
- Nominated by DaCatRealMaster.
- I nominated this song, because the lyrics really stand out, the song sounds really good, and uses a proper structure of a song.
January 20, 2019: by
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- It's an awesome song and the intro sounds so cool! The solo is sick and the whole song is catchy and headbang worthy. It's a song that everyone can enjoy, plus the lyrics can be understood! It's not all screaming (most of it is)! Also this song is meaningful, there's a lot of emotion in the singer's voice and it's beautiful! I recommend this as the SotD because it's a song you can listen to again and again and pick up something new every time!
January 19, 2019: by
- Nominated by Sefus82.
- This instrumental song is just so amazing, it has everything a song should have.
January 18, 2019: by
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- Strong melody and quite interesting lyrical content. It's a bit of a departure from the 70s pop the band is known for - yet, it's a cover song that they are known for.
January 17, 2019: by
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- It clearly sends a message of today's state of being, and visualizes the the course that this United States, and the world is headed in, (which is catastrophic at the least), unless change is in the very near future.
January 16, 2019: by
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- I nominated this song because I listen to it every morning to freshen up, and it still makes me happy to hear it
Preferred Date: January 16, 2019 (Birthday)
January 15, 2019: by
- Nominated by 2001:8003:6417:AB00:30D2:882F:1575:91B.
- I nominated this song because it's incredible and brings back good memories. Sure, it's an oldie but that just makes it so much better in every way thought possible.
January 14, 2019: by
- Nominated by Matheus Ferrarezi.
- A very upbeat and motivational song that makes you think about your life, and how to keep on pursuing a happy day despite any eventual hardships
January 13, 2019: by
- Nominated by 2601:87:4000:4732:14AE:900C:F727:E9E2.
- Creamy sax solo, overall good tune. Even if you don't especially like jazz it's still a wonderful song to bounce to
Preferred Date: January 13, 2019
January 12, 2019: by
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- The perfect song for "The Talented Mr. Ripley", it is a remarkably beautiful song and reminds us that even the worst people are beloved by someone, somewhere. It fits well with the rest of the gorgeous sound track of this beautiful movie.
January 11, 2019: by
- Nominated by 2605:6000:1A10:4062:E003:C9AD:FAD3:E4C1.
- There are a lot of songs that are classics, and this one is one of them. The vocals and the melody are just amazing.
January 10, 2019: by
- Nominated by Cubs Fan.
's last number one hit before his death, I can think of no better song with which to honor his life. With its memorable piano intro and sing-along chorus, Jim was one heck of a songwriter.
Preferred Date: January 10, 2019
January 09, 2019: by
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- Although this song was released over twenty years ago, it has never been more current for the UK. Roddy could be singing about the current Tory government. Talk about prophetic.
January 08, 2019: by
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- This is such an emotive song about chance meetings and how fate or destiny controls our lives.
January 07, 2019: by
- Nominated by ParadoxKismet.
- I nominate this song because it has such depth of feeling and truth. Life is indeed cruel and clumsy. We all have days when we feel that so sharply - when we are on the brink. But there is so much good too. And Chris reminds us in a voice like a soft dream how we are missing it all... It sings sad but encourages.
January 06, 2019: by
- Nominated by Cubs Fan.
- A highlight of The Jungle Book, it's probably one of the songs for which is best known outside of his swing and jazz band. As entertaining as it is catchy, his scatting duet with Phil Harris is probably the part people remember the most.
January 05, 2019: by
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- I nominated this song for when I become 18, my youth is behind me but I will forever drag it with me.
Preferred Date: January 5, 2019 (Birthday)
January 04, 2019: by &
- Nominated by Hornean.
- I just learned that Aretha Franklin, the Queen of Soul, had passed away at age 76 of what is reported to be pancreatic cancer (August 16, 2018). So I decided to nominate this song as a tribute to respect her honor.
January 03, 2019: by
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- I nominated this song because it's light and carefree. It certainly isn't the blues in the standard sense. It's just a fun little tune.
January 02, 2019: by
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- I nominated this song because it is Meredith Stepien's birthday today and this is one of her favourite songs to perform with Team StarKid.
Preferred Date: January 2, 2019 (Meredith Stepien's Birthday)
January 01, 2019: by
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- I nominate this song because it is a genuine lament and satire all in one and the music is powerful.