December 31, 2018: by
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- The lyrics of this group are just amazing! Even if you don't understand Castillian, the music itself will entrap you... literally!
December 30, 2018: by
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- She nailed how some relationships are like. How some men are scared and pull away. Just seek God and ask his will.
December 29, 2018: by
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- This song lifts me... this song is beautiful. It makes me want to dance through life!
December 28, 2018: by
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- So many artists added such deeply felt interpretations to make it an everlasing song of art. This one is really touching.
December 27, 2018: by
- Nominated by 2001:8003:792A:1900:A812:23C:2F78:562C.
- It's a beautiful song about friendship and bros being guys.
December 26, 2018: by
- Nominated by 2A02:C7D:93F8:800:30D3:2BB5:42A4:1E16.
- I nominated this song because it takes me back to my teenage years, my first boyfriend and the funfair
December 25, 2018: by
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- I nominate this song because it is, in my opinion, one of the best songs performed by Two Steps From Hell and I don't feel that they get enough recognition for it.
December 24, 2018: by
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- So much nostalgia!
was a part of many of our childhoods, so it feels great to remember this awesome ending :D
December 23, 2018: by
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- I think this song is brilliant... it stirs the imagination with a bit of humor and the promise of the final frontier.
December 22, 2018: by
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- A truly wonderful song that reminds me of someone very special...
December 21, 2018: by
- Nominated by Cubs Fan.
- Simon's theme to Working Girl has the distinction of being the first song composed, written, and performed by a single artist to win the three major music awards (Grammy, Golden Globe, and Oscar), and is one of only two songs - 's " " being the other - to achieve that feat. I nominate it to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Working Girl's release.
Preferred Date: December 21, 2018
December 20, 2018: by
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- Just the most beautiful melancholic blues! And the video - sublime!
December 19, 2018: by
- Nominated by Cubs Fan.
- Opening with its distinctive distorted guitar riff and inspired by political protests in early 1968, it was a smash hit when released as the B-side to "
". Three different versions exist - the more bluesy "Revolution 1" and the sound collage "Revolution 9", but it's this hard rock version that everybody remembers.
December 18, 2018: by
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- To me, this song affirms each year of surviving out here, after the shock of losing him wore off as the rest of them returned.
Preferred Date: December 18, 2018 (8th year since I lost my spouse, after only 6 months of marriage)
December 17, 2018: by
- Nominated by ThatOneCrazyPotato.
- Jain's lyrics are highly innovative and very different from other popular artists right now. The song is also a tribute to
, a famous South African singer and activist.
December 16, 2018: by
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- The words are so touching that I find myself listening to them several times a day. It causes a good feeling inside me. As a single person and lost love the words makes me realise what is now gone.
December 15, 2018: by
- Nominated by 2606:A000:8A4A:F600:4574:3774:9065:203A.
- I nominate this song because it is dear to my heart, I seem to get emotionally overwhelmed every time I hear or sing this particular song.
December 14, 2018: by
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- I nominate this song because this song, along with the entire album, had such great potential but failed due to faulty management and marketing that stifled the creativity of the artist instead of supported it.
December 13, 2018: by
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- I wrote this song with Geoffrey in 2005. I love it and I loved him. It was me missing him at my window in Brussels. I recall sitting in a hotel lobby and he pulled out his guitar as I sang the melody to him. Voila, we went straight to studio and gave it birth.
He released it as the first single ofand offered it to his listening audience in the context of him missing Africa which I loved. When he came to Australia a few years later, he sang it to me at Womad 98. It was a beautiful memory now 20 years on.
Sadly Geoffrey has recently passed on 22 June 2018... he will be greatly missed but his fabulous music will always live on. As Peter Gabriel said, he was a big man with a big heart who leaves a big hole. RIP Geoffrey, the world has lost a truly magnificent soul.
December 12, 2018: by
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- Homelessness is rampant now in West Coast cities. Sort of an acknowledgement of the mystic space engendered by simple living
December 11, 2018: by
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- I nominate this song because on Thanksgiving it reminds me of my youth and love and how lucky I was to experience that in this lifetime!
December 10, 2018: by
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- For the lyrics, of course. Compares the variation in emotions to the variation of seasons. Great music, too.
December 09, 2018: by
- Nominated by Cubs Fan.
- Developed by
when he was still with , it's the perfect song to end Zeppelin's . It's a bit long, but the music is so good, you barely notice; I guess the old adage is right: time flies when you're having fun.
December 08, 2018: by
- Nominated by 184.108.40.206.
- I nominate this song because it represents my roots, my love, my life in Cuba...
December 07, 2018: by
- Nominated by 220.127.116.11.
- This is the right song for today's date, and for those who heard the original it will rekindle that spirit of patriotism.
Preferred Date: December 7, 2018 (Anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor)
December 06, 2018: by
- Nominated by 18.104.22.168.
- It is Finland's 101st birthday!!! Also it is one of the best songs in the world :)
Preferred Date: December 6, 2018 (101st anniversary of independence since 6 December 1917)
December 05, 2018: by
- Nominated by 22.214.171.124.
- Mark played it at work today - it's a great song. I haven't heard it in a long time. It took me back to high school. Go Neil Sadaka!
December 04, 2018: by
- Nominated by 126.96.36.199.
- I'm still feeling devastated over reading about a 5 year old girl who died after 2 years of child abuse and neglect in Japan. I've been searching for songs to send out for her and this is one that feels appropriate.
December 03, 2018: by
- Nominated by 188.8.131.52.
- I have been listening to this song, and the masterpiece of an album that it comes from, for 46 years now... And I'm certain that I will until I pass from this world. This song, and its album (
) remain as one of rock's greatest undiscovered gems.
December 02, 2018: by
- Nominated by 2601:603:4C80:F6:5945:384D:1612:B404.
- This song is a great break from what the band normally does and was a welcome surprise for me.
December 01, 2018: by
- Nominated by TheSponge231.
- I think this is a very overlooked song by ELO. "Hold On Tight" gets a lot of attention but I feel this should have been its lead single.
Preferred Date: December 1, 2018